Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pregnancy

So I finally decided to start an actual blog, instead of using Myspace. I didn't want everyone knowing my business and Myspace, as we all know, is a little shady.

ANYWAYS...

As of today I am 29 weeks 4 days, meaning I have less than 11 weeks to go. I am hoping this last stretch will go by fast.

Here's a little recap of my 'wonderful' pregnancy...

1st Trimester:

Could not eat! Things I used to like made me totally sick and I actually lost more weight than anything. It sucked...

The heartburn started.....

2nd Trimester:

I had to visit the ER 3 times...

The first time I was here in gay Jacksonville, NC. I had been complaining of a weird stabbing like pain in my ribs and somach all they told me that I had was GERD (acid reflux) and sent me home with Zantac and Tums.

The second time I had period-like cramp and thought I was losing the baby. We get to the hospital (Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital...AGAIN) and I had to wait about 3 hours in the waiting room. After I was finally seen it took what felt like forever to find the baby's heartbeat. Then found out it was a bladder infection. Ugh...

The third time I (luckily) was in CA and those stabbing-like pains I had earlier when I first went to the ER turned out to be GALLSTONES. Meaning...SURGERY. Great! So there I was 19 weeks pregnant and having surgery to remove my gallbladder.

Third Trimester:

The heartburn has gotten about 100000x's worse and even the smallest thing like water, sets it off. My OB has put me on 3 different heartburn medications and still no relief.

I also found out that I am anemic, which isn't that bad considering all I have to do is take iron pills. But still, it's the fact that I am on yet another medication.


This now leaves me to where I am now...praying for an easy rest of the pregnancy. We know we're having a girl and her name is Rylie Chanel Salgado. My due date is May 30, although I honestly don't think I'm going to last that long. I'm giving myself until the middle of May.

The babyshower is early/mid April in CA...yay! I cannot wait! Alright I should go pick up the hubby from work.

Lacy Nicole

1 comment: