Friday, May 21, 2010

It's almost been a year

Time truly does fly when you have a baby. This last year has been so full of joy and pain. When Rylie arrived I never knew you could love such a little person so much. The moment I laid eyes on her I started crying because I was overwhelmed with so many thoughts, would I be a good mom? Would I know what to do? and I also cried because a part of me I never knew was missing came into my life and completed me. 


Being a mom has taught me a lot, especially being a single mom and I'm 100% ok with it. I love that I can take care of my daughter all by myself, with the occasional help from my wonderful family. Without my family I would have nothing, and I appreciate them now than ever. 


I know having Rylie has changed me for the better. I rarely go out and drink (although sometimes I need it), I put her before myself, I am starting school to give her a good life and I finally have my priorities straightened out. Never did I ever think I would be where I am now, single with a baby. I admit it's not the path I would have chosen for myself, but it is definitely one I do not regret. Now that I am all situated at home, I feel like I've been given another chance. I'm still young and there's so much I can still do, having Rylie doesn't restrict me in anyway. She makes me want to be a better person, to not settle for anything less than what I deserve. I can now breathe and it feels really good. 


A much happier Lacy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment