Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday Month!

That's right...we are officially 10 days into the wonderful month of October! I don't just love it because of my birthday, although that has contributed to my love of the month, it's a time for Breast Cancer Awareness, Halloween and the perfect weather. I started out this month by taking a mini-vacation with my dad, to the Bay Area to visit my sisters and family. I have to say that it was much needed. Next time I hope to be able to stay longer than only 3 days, but it took the edge off of my stress, which is all I can really ask for.

I am going to be 25 in 17 days, and the only thing 25 really means is lower car insurance and I am now able to rent a car without having to pay an extra $25-30/day for being a 'new driver'. Woo-hoo....can you sense the excitement? You know, because I am constantly renting cars. I guess when the day comes when I actually need to rent one, I'll be thankful for the money I will be saving. (How's that for thinking positive?!). In all seriousness, I can say that I (almost) know who I am. I may not be 25 just yet, but I'd say 17 days is pretty damn close.

Halloween is the Monday following my birthday weekend (yes, I get a month, a week and a weekend). I have yet to figure out what Rylie is going to be. I've asked her, but 2 year olds don't exactly grasp the concept of Halloween. So, it is left for me to decide. I've always been terrible when it comes to making decisions (hard to believe, I know). It's not like picking out a costume for my toddler is difficult, but it's my style to make even the simplest of decisions, painstakingly hard. I've tried breaking it down by her favorite shows and movies, that leaves me with plenty of choices. We have Olivia, Yo Gabba Gabba!, Shrek, Tangled, Princess and the Frog, Marmaduke (good luck with that one), Ice Age and Happy Feet. There are more, but I haven't been able to think straight lately, and anyways 8 different shows/movies leaves me with plenty...right? Oh no, not for me. I look up each different choice and I am so unhappy with the costumes. I mean seriously, they want to charge us up the ass for a cheap, hideous looking costume that my child will probably only wear once. I don't think so! By now you can see how hard things can be for me (whether I make them that way or not).

Which leads me to my birthday planning. I have NO IDEA what to do. Now that I am a boring mom (with emphasis on the boring), I don't enjoy going out to bars/clubs, drinking or anything along those lines. I think I'm more like 24 going on 40, but that's besides the point right now (well, kind of). Other than the fact that I don't have many friends that live here, my choices are pretty much limited to dinner with the family and possibly a spa day. Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. I can ALWAYS go for a spa day, then again, what girl can't? I know some spas offer package deals for groups that include drinks and appetizers, I've been looking into something like that. I just have to get people on board with me, considering it isn't exactly cheap.

Still no permanent position at work, but it looks like I should be finding out within the next couple weeks. Then again, how many times have I said that? It went from two weeks, to 'the end of this month' to 'when the COO returns from vacation'. Waiting...waiting...waiting. Story of my life. I'm always waiting. I can't really complain because isn't that what my life is all about? Waiting? People always tell me to enjoy my life, to live in the moment. I just can't do that. I feel like I constantly have to have something to look forward to, something to wait for. So, complaining would be stupid, because, after all, I seem to crave the wait. It could just be that I know something good is out there and I will get to it. Once I am completely satisfied with my life, I will enjoy it. I'll enjoy every little minute. I'm almost there, I can honestly say that I am satisfied with how things are at the moment, but that's because it's a stepping stone to get me to where I want to be. Where I need to be.

October starts off the 'Holiday Season' and I know time is going to fly by. I LOVE it! So bring on the cold weather and warm drinks :)

Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment