Friday, June 2, 2017

Looking up

It's Friday and while I'm still sitting here in a hospital room next to my husband, I'm in much better spirits. Dustin's surgery went really well yesterday and today he is doing better than I expected. I'd love to say this chapter in our lives is about over, however, with the size of his tumor, he's going to need another surgery to get the rest out. We'll be doing this all over again before the end of the year. But in my attempt to take things day by day, I'd say things are pretty good all things considered.

I cannot wait to get out of the hospital and get back to our lives. I'm missing our son like crazy, but he's being looked after and I know he's well taken care of. I just can't wait to see him and love on him. Our daughter left with my mom and sister today, I'm glad she got to see that her dad is recovering well. I also have to admit that I am looking forward to sleeping in my comfortable bed with my pregnancy pillow. These hospital couches aren't exactly ideal, especially when you're pushing 33 weeks pregnant.

Speaking of pregnancy, I'm starting to feel the effects of my lack of sleep and eating. When they brought Dustin back from surgery, I stood up next to him to hold his hand and I about blacked out. I can't lie, it scared me pretty bad. I find that standing or bending over tends to make me feel uneasy, like something's not right. I had a few contractions last night that worried me, but they haven't come back since and I think if I just take it easy, I'll be ok. I just need to make sure I see my doctor as soon as we get back into town. The last thing we need is for me to neglect my health.

I'm going to try to take a nap to catch up on my much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment