Monday, June 5, 2017

One hell of a week

It's hard to believe our lives have been completely turned upside down in such a short amount of time. The flood of every single emotion you can imagine has been exhausting, but at least things are better than anticipated. Dustin was released on Saturday and we flew home that night. I can't even begin to describe how good it felt not only to sleep in our own bed, but to sleep in the same bed. The littlest things in life you tend to take for granted. I've learned not to take anything for granted anymore. Just having him here next to me right now makes me smile. Our priorities in life have shifted, financial issues no longer stress us out to the point where I'm in tears. I just know everything will work itself out one way or another, it could go so many different ways, but my husband is here and he's going to be healthy and that's really all that matters. This is temporary, we can get back on our feet after this is all over. I've been saying that we sure chose one hell of a time to get pregnant, but everything happens for a reason, I've always believed that. Good things can come from the darkest of times, our relationship has never been stronger and we've learned to not put so much emphasis into material things. What's important is family and God. We've got everything we need.

I go back to work tomorrow, I was hoping to be put in maternity leave, but considering the baby and I are doing so well, that's not likely. I'm going to see if I can work from home, I just feel better being around for Dustin just in case. He's not one to stay in bed and rest all day or remember to take his pills. His dad will be here Wednesday night, but who else but me is better to take care of him? It's a comfort thing and I will be here for him no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment